Welded Wire Mesh – Advantages and Applications
Welded wire mesh is a reinforcement which is based on steel in concrete. This welded wire mesh is used to replace the cut & bend placed their bars. This kind of bars is thermo mechanically treated. These are made of wire.
These welded wire mesh are located in two perpendicular directions. It also connects in resistance spot welding. Welded wire mesh is also known as welded wire fabric. Welded wire mesh is grid of stainless stell wires. Welded wire mesh is good for various applications.
Welded wire mesh can be in shape of rolls or flat panels. The wire of welded mesh is parallel longitudinal. I country like India welded wire mesh in very popular right now. There is various type of welded wire mesh.
Diameter of welded wire mesh
Welded wire mesh has different type of diameter. Users can choose the perfect diameter of welded wire mesh for them. To buy right diameter of welded wire mesh you have to use decimal format instead of gauge format.
Welded wire mesh is used in agriculture, horticulture, transportation, mining and construction. Standard back gain of welded wire mesh is very common in short space welded wire mesh.
Advantage of welded wire mesh
Welded wire is made of low carbon. This has some advantages. These are mentioned below.
1. Site efficiency is improved by using this.
2. Welded wire mesh also increases productivity.
3. By using welded wire mesh construction site does not depend upon human power that much.
4. Inappropriate bending of bars is drastically reduced because bending machines bend the mat.
5. Welded wire mesh also gives the perfect reinforcement size.
6. Welded wire mesh is easy to place in particular position than any other bars.
7. Cost of slab is very affordable cause of welded wire mesh.
8. By using welded wire mesh construction cost reduces drastically.
9. Welded wire mesh also increases construction speed.
10. By using welded wire mesh professionals can make more thin bars.
11. By using welded wire mesh users can also create things with smaller crack. Crack size can be small than previous time if professionals use welded wire mesh.
12. Welded wire mesh can be created from rolls. It does not manufacture from stock length bars. In results huge amount of wastage is not possible here.
13. Welded wire mesh does not require huge space in working site.
14. Cutting and bending process cancel to rebar yard at site.
15. Placing time is way faster than others.
16. Welded wire mesh also removes replacement of reinforcement.
17. Welded wire mesh is very easy to use and install.
Applicability of welded wire mesh
1. Welded wire mesh is used to Reinforce the structure of concrete. Welded wire mesh is laid under the slabs, so it increases strength of concrete structure.
2. Welded wire mesh is also used to make frames.
3. Welded wire mesh is also used to reinforce road surfaces and parking areas so it is called as road reinforcing mesh grid.
4. Welded wire mesh also makes various fences.
5. Welded wire mesh is also used as Masonry mesh.
6. Welded wire mesh is also used as coal mine.
7. Welded wire mesh is also used to support coal mine roadway.
8. Welded wire mesh is used to increase productivity.
9. Welded wire mesh is also used for reducing downtime.
Procedure of testing
To keep consistency in welded wire mesh User should obey the stringent internal standard. There is different type of testing is available for welded wire mesh. Torque test and weld set down mesh are used in production process.
Edging of welded wire mesh
There are two type of edging available in welded wire mesh. One is trimmed welded mesh and the other one is untrimmed welded mesh. Proper space is needed around the trimmed mesh. For staying in specific dimensions, the perimeter can be balanced. Outer wire can be equal in space od welded mesh in untrimmed edges. In welded wire mesh tail length can be customized.
In this article we have discussed about welded wire mesh, diameter of welded mesh, usage and advantages of welded wire mesh, applicability and procedure of testing.
If viewers find this article informative and useful please give feedback below this article and let us know about your opinion.