Specification for Positioning 38 Mm Damp-Proof Course with Concrete of 1:2:4 at Plinth Level
1. The entire wall thickness should be included with the damp-proof course.
2. The bottom of the DPC should be clean and there should not be any type of overhanging that may hamper the quality of the damp-proof course.
3. The side shuttering should be adequately solid and set efficiently so that no problems arise at the time of compaction and cement slurry does not overflow.
4. The concrete should have been formed and measured in the ratio of 1:2:4 (Cement: Sand: Stone chips 12 mm).
5. The concrete that is employed in the DPC should be perfectly executable.
6. The concrete should be arranged and tempered approximately to produce a dense mass.
7. Once the concrete is placed for 24 hours, it should be cured for at least 7 days.
8. As soon as the curing is finished precisely, the surface should be abandoned to dry out to obtain the cover of hot bitumen.
9. Once the concrete surface is dried out, brushes and a cloth piece soaked with kerosene are used to clean it.
10. Lastly, the prepared concrete surface should be filled equally through hot bitumen in definite quantity.