Step-by-step stages for constructing a house
Given below, the details steps involved in constructing a house:
1. Once the excavation is finished, 15 mm thick bed concrete is placed in cement concrete 1:3:6 or 1:4:8 or 1:5:10.
2. Size stone masonry: As soon as the bed concrete is cured for one week, size stone masonry is built up. In size stone masonry, each joint is staggered and bond stones are arranged at each 2 M apart in each course and in both faces also.
The space among two size stones should be filled with exact boulders having satisfactory sizes. Adequate space should be retained so that the mortar can be provided up to bottom.
Once the spaces are filled up with boulders, cement mortar with required mix say 1:4 or 1:6 should be poured to the space through slurry type cement mortar to eliminate any among size stone and boulders.
3. After the Size stone masonry, plinth concrete with mix 1:2:4 or 1:1.5:3 is placed over the size stone masonry. Jelly utilized for concreting should be 20 mm and down size.
4. The placing of plinth concrete is accompanied by earth filling and consolidation up to plinth level and filled earth is immersed with water.
5. Super structure includes walls, lintels, beams, roof slab etc. Walls are built up with several materials like bricks, concrete (hollow or solid) blocks, stones, stabilized blocks etc; Lintel beams are formed with RCC, precast slabs,cuddapaha slabs, brick on edge etc. Roof slab is created with RCC, Mangalore tiles, sheets, filler slabs, reinforced brick slab etc.
6. Joinery Work for doors, windows, ventilators. For this purpose, various types of materials like wood, steel, aluminum etc are used.
7. Plastering ( 12mm thick internal plaster with ratio of 1 Cement:4 fine sand and outside plaster of 15-20 mm thick in proportion of 1 cement:4 coarse sand).
8. Flooring Work: Tiles, Slabs etc. cement mortar of required thickness should be applied. There should no hollow segment below at the time of placing the tiles.
9. Weather Proof Course: Conventional method is Surki with burnt brick bats and lime, Cement Concrete 1:2:4 with water proofing compounds. The drains should have perfect sloping.
Modern materials like water/weather proof chemicals in the form of powder or liquid should be mixed in certain ratios with cement mortar to make to make it water-resistant.
10. A building work comprises of internal electrification, sanitary and water supply works and a percentage of about 20% of the estimated cost of building is considered. The provisions are arranged as follows :
a. Sanitary and water supply = 8% of estimated cost of work.
b. Electrification including Fans = 12% of the estimated cost work.
The entire work is segregated into several items like (1) Earthwork,(2)Concrete, (3)Stone/Brick work, (4)Wood work, (5)Steel work, (6)Roofing,(7)Flooring, (8)Plastering and pointing, (9)Painting, (10) White Washing, (11)Miscellaneous items