Ledcor, A Building Construction Company is inviting application for an Estimating Manager
A Building Construction Company is looking for an Estimating Manager, who has a great thinking quality and ready to take responsibility as an estimating manger by guiding all estimating units in the branch located in Edmonton. Candidates must have more than ten years experience in various commercial Constructions projects. Candidate has to prepare conceptual budgets, entire estimation, cost studies and effective bids by applying the strategic estimating concept inside your branch office.
This is the best opportunity to boost your career with this company.
- Has to work intensively with the management team of the branch to track the resources of the department as well as guide, implement and select the best procedures for strategic business plan.
- Has to manage and create budget estimation for all projects as well as prepare strategy to direct team members and distribute workload to improve the work skill of individual & group.
- Prepare a fruitful strategy for complicated bid estimation by increasing network with trades, suppliers, clients and industrialists etc.
- To select and obtain new assignments, you together in tandem with business Development and preconstruction terms.
- Scrutinize the application provided by the trades and suppliers concerning bid invitations, addenda, and tender as well as closing of bid.
- Manage quantity-takeoffs in every segment of estimate and make sure that the take-off is perfectly notated and delivered to project team. Apply safety and security constraints as per the Ledcor policies and applicable legislation.
- Provide guidance on creating direct report on the basis of approved Ledcor Human Resources practices which involve performance management (PMP) reviews, Development Plans, technical training and one on one meetings.
- To prepare project bid estimation you have to guide your team by analyzing plans, specifications, proposals and other documentation.
- Must have a post secondary education degree and diploma in construction management, quantity surveying, estimating, engineering or associated education.
- Minimum ten years experience required in relevant field having experience in estimating multi-disciplined projects.
- Must have the comprehensive knowledge to calculate cost estimation, construction drawing, current construction practices and technology and have the potential to evaluate estimates to deal with possible risk.
- Good knowledge for negotiation, capability to manipulate and influence others to reach consensus.
- Good track record in forming a successful team and promote the activities of team members through proper motivation and guidance. Good knowledge in promotion, teaching and conflict resolution.
- Must have the capacity to deal with various projects in different locations maintaining deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and demonstration skills as well as capability to follow the instruction of Senior executives.
Work Conditions: Though it is an office based work but you have to visit the jobsite occasionally and fix meetings with clients.