Safety Management Tips in Construction
‘Safety comes first’ – this phase is righteously applicable for engineers and for those who work in construction sites. Construction safety is held as an important factor in the field of employee worker implication. Companies are bound to provide workers with needed care and risk management safety as per occupational health and safety legislation.
If safety measures are not followed the way it should be, the rates of accidents go higher with time. Taking an extra care is as much a necessary thing for employees as for employers. Companies should provide an environment where workers can perform their stated job without having any fear of injuries and risks. When the safety onus comes on workers, employers must check the construction management safety that ensures the work zone is free from any risks if rules are followed properly. The areas that come under companies’ vigil are risk assessment of a construction’s site and risk management policies and procedures to guide workers.
A few factors are inevitably attached to the construction safety management, and they must be followed to stay away from injuries and accidents. Below are basic issues that are related to the safety requirements:
Chemical Threats: Workers must follow the manufacturers’ instructions while storing or handling chemicals in the construction; else, it may lead to fatal accidents. Chemical spills can be the reason of various incurable diseases among workers and it even puts their health at risk.
Safety measures for scaffolding tightrope: One of the most perilous jobs in a construction site is working with a scaffolding tightrope that requires you to stay a hundred feet up in the sky. This must not be a job for the weak hearted as it needs physical as well as mental strength to conduct the work. Follow the guidelines if you want to keep risks away from you.
• Always choose a solid ground for a scaffold to withhold heavy weights.
• Never keep scaffold on an uneven surface and never use planks and bricks for its support.
• Select the area which at least 10 feet away from power lines.
• Never put weight above the permission level on the scaffold.
• Keep in mind that rig must be checked by a supervisor before starting each shift.
Right tools for right jobs - Using wrong tools enhances the risks and causes damages. Maintaining safety rules is must to avoid any adverse situation. Follow the below-mentioned rules:
• Ear protection for noise and loud environments.
• Eye protection while welding.
• Cord for carrying tools
• Complete knowledge of workplace safety policies
• Awareness about surrounding for all time.
• Avoid damage tools
• Sign language for workers in noisy and dangerous operating areas.
Rules with heavy machinery - Every worker must be well trained enough to deal with heavy machinery properly. Keep in the following things:
• Take necessary precaution while carrying heavy machinery.
• Put on gloves and footwear for conducting such jobs.
• Carry spotter for alerting you in blind spots.
• Ensure that there is enough space for carrying the machinery safely.
• Never allow unauthorized people to use the tools.
These are basic safety policies that you need to maintain while working in constructions sites. They not only keep you safe from unwanted accidents but also alert you about surroundings.