Western Kentucky University is seeking a Assistant Professor for Construction Management
Western Kentucky University, Department of Architectural and Manufacturing Sciences, is seeking an Assistant Professor for construction Management with a full-time, 9 month appointment commencing from January 2015. This position will be applicable for WKU’s main campus in Bowling Green, KY, a city of 54,000, situated about 60 miles north of Nashville, TN, and 120 miles south of Louisville, KY. The Department of Architectural and Description: The ideal candidate should have sound teaching & student advising capabilities as well as engagement in funded research and dissemination of research results through publication. Besides, the candidate should exhibit the skill to function efficiently in a team-oriented, various, multicultural environment.
- A Ph.D. in Construction Management, or adjacent field.
- Minimum of three years of construction field experience or post-doctorate teaching experience.
- Having sound knowledge in spoken and written English.
- Aptitude to teach courses and laboratories in at least three of the following areas having ability to grow in two other areas: Estimating, Administration, Scheduling, Project Management, Contract Documents, Construction Law, Construction Methods and Materials, and Capstone Projects.
- Having skill to teach graduate and undergraduate courses.
All the applications should contains the documents like 1) a letter of application containing a statement of your interest in this position as well as your short-term and long-term teaching and research goals, including identification of courses you can teach, 2) a recent curriculum vitae, 3) statement of teaching philosophy, 4) statement of research interests, and 5) contact information of three references, including name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
All the applications should be sent to the following address prior to October 15, 2014:-
Chair of Construction Management Search Committee
Department of Architectural and Manufacturing Sciences
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd #51066
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101- 1066
Alternatively, one can send their bio-data through email at firstname.lastname@example.org